88th Bomber Squadron

WW2OL Bomber Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

well then

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 well then on Tue May 13, 2014 9:14 am

Are we done with Altis?

There were a lot of unhappy folks last night... are we going to keep playing?

2 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 11:05 am

Yes I made a come back!

View user profile

3 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 am

OK.

So lunchtime revealed that 11 really wants to look at doing something lucrative.

The problem we have is security. Am I Right?

T

4 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 11:43 am

for awhile I will. Im going to try a few truck loads of illegal things. I'm tired of trying the legal way and not getting anywhere. We need to make millions not just 250K a run. If we don't get thing like a truck with a 50cL ON IT THEN WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANYWHERE. Playing a game that's almost a year old like arma3. We never gain ground on the big squads who have been here from the start. They keep fucking us up.

just my two cents here.

View user profile

5 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 12:31 pm

I was actually going to take the mk18 and become the hijacker angle. Just so for once we aren't the hijackies. However as far as trucks and drugs etc. I think it would be a mistake to go into this with a hemmt. Let's try loading up a smaller truck first, else we are just going to keep losing. Everyone will be doing meth. Keep that in mind.

View user profile

6 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 pm

We 110% are out manned and out gunned. Plain and simple. Big gangs pull 1.5 mil from the fed bank when few chips are on. We need to recruit.

View user profile

7 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 1:04 pm

11 was saying something that was pretty valid.

Even with a Hemtt/Hemtt Box/Zamak, 2 armed guys in an offroad with a mounted .50 are going to make all those problems disappear.

What's awesome is that this game is SO diverse, we are actually having a hard time deciding how to play it. My idea with Altis was always just to get in there and see what was going on. All I ever had to go off was those crazy vids that Frankie/JackFrags were making (oh and DevilDog, RhinoCrunch, VectorBunny, PsiSyndicate... and on and on) but ALL their vids just looked insanely fun and funny. It was ALL the bugs that made them that way. It all just looked so interesting.. until we played it. Then we learned just how difficult it is to get anything going. That makes it even more attractive to me to play. It's almost the ultimate challenge. A small group of dudes with limited resources putting it all together and outsmarting everyone else out to get them. THAT'S what makes it interesting to me.
But here's what I see that I don't understand. And this is just my observation, nothing more. A lot of people try to step up to the plate and hit a Nolan Ryan fastball. Can it be done? Of COURSE! Is it likely a man with 2 weeks of batting practice can hit it? Like 1 in 500,000 chance. Those are looong odds. But the guy that has methodically practiced and learned how to hit over many years will hit that fucking thing given a few cuts. My point is this: we gotta start small (and we have). Work our way up to swinging at the big league stuff. When I found somehtng that was pretty lucrative in turtles, I thought COOL! This is it... spend a week out here, make enough money to buy a house, some cars, trucks and boats. Help Terri get a couple of choppers in the garage and we are done. From there we just start messing with people. Pulling the gang shit of chopping peoples hemtt's, stealing their shit and so on. But it didn't make sense to me to go right to the top and try to make out like we were a cartel.
Steve may have pointed this out at lunch, or I may have been in a nacho induced stupor, but it seemed to me like he was talking about how we want to live as it applies to Altis. Well... how do we want to live? Is 500k - 1mill a week ok for us? Is living like fools that run around shoot people,e lose everything and then go fish long enough to make money and then.. run around and shoot people and lose everything ...?

What would success in Altis look like to you guys? I'd like to just win ONE gunfight. I have not killed a single asshat in this game, yet. Nor have I walked away from a single gunfight. THAT sucks... but I don't care. The way I see it, we are missing some very basic things that will make this all much easier for us, but then would we even want to play it?

T

8 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 1:07 pm

I dunno.. I may have seen a single robbery net 1.2 mill. Everything else is below that. Often 200-500k max. Think about how that cut would be... 8-10 guys. We make 200k - 1 mill. That's 20k to 100k for each individual if it is cut up equally.

Hardly seems worth it... from a pure profit standpoint. From a rush standpoint its a 100 percent im in kinda deal.

Goes back to what we want to do.

T

9 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 1:42 pm

We need more structure. I agree we have been progressing. Even wit hiccups and mishaps we have yet to regress. We have been taking the proper steps to get more money. But if we could afford a .50 could we afford to lose it? I'm saying no and by that logic we can't afford to buy it either yet even if we had the money. Fun factor, to me it would be fun to flip the coin. We have a chopper as of tonight we get two guys with some zip ties chopper spots a truck send that info to ground guys truck rolls bye you shoot is tires out shoot or restrain occupants and then rob them and chop the truck. That to me sounds like fun. I'm learning that we can't make this game solely about making money. You need it sure but if we have fun and take risks it seems to me the money will just come.

View user profile

10 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Terribad wrote:We need more structure. I agree we have been progressing. Even wit hiccups and mishaps we have yet to regress. We have been taking the proper steps to get more money. But if we could afford a .50 could we afford to lose it?  I'm saying no and by that logic we can't afford to buy it either yet even if we had the money. Fun factor,  to me it would be fun to flip the coin.  We have a chopper as of tonight we get two guys with some zip ties chopper spots a truck send that info to ground guys truck rolls bye you shoot is tires out shoot or restrain occupants and then rob them and chop the truck. That to me sounds like fun.   I'm learning that we can't make this game solely about making money. You need it sure but if we have fun and take risks it seems to me the money will just come.

I disagree to a point, dude.  With a week of turtling we all can have more than enough money to get the "ball rolling" (YEAH I KNOW ITS BORING...!).  It's a tipping point situation, when we get it, everything becomes easy.  Look, the point of making 5 to 8 mill and have it sitting in the bank is to be able to run right back out and buy another mounted .50 as soon as we lose one.  We can't try to start a real operation on 500k and a heli.  When the heli goes boom, and you buy another, if you even can, you don't even have enough money for a gun..!  

If we are just rolling with the coins in our pocket and what we have under our asses, everytime we lose a chopper/hemtt/even zamak.. we lose our asses.  BUT, if we each get a 5-10 million dollar nest egg to work with, as long as we are making even MINIMAL amounts of money, we can maintain and even grow our a$$et$.  We should never really go below a certain amount... but that's a theory, of course.

But it all goes back to how we want to play.  The best part of all this is everyone has their own answer to the same question.  I find this all very intriguing.. because it's causing people to actually get emotionally invested.  No one can say that this game hasn't ROYALLY pissed them off.. and yet 5 min later im looking at myself and seeing WHY everything got fucked and how I can not make the same mistakes next time. I see that it wasn't the game, but my inability to play it effectively. The other thing is to just get all thuggy and try to rob people, but that's just for fun. PLUS the fucker is bug central.

Lovely game, brutally difficult.

T

11 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Nest eggs are nice but I think the point of all of this is are we playing turtle hunting simulator 5000? Realistically it will take longer than a week of shooting reptiles to get the kind of money you are talking about. Let's shoot people. Helicopters are vital of you askin me. Giant trucks are not. It's hard to hijack a chopper. If we lose it well shame on me. Two different dynamics you can't group together. A .50 will not solve our problems.

View user profile

12 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Aw well..

if I'm pullin 600k a night and not losing it, let's see.. 7 days x 600k = 4.2 mill.  No, that's about right.  I'm not saying a .50 will solve anyone's problems.  But 5 mill might get us close.  At that point, we can get 2 .50's and still have 2 mill to play with.  That's all im saying.. im not wanting to do it forever, just long enough to get us rolling.  The tried and tested route that gets us somewhere ALTHOUGH slowly.. versus the lightning in a bottle that seems to fry our asses if we get close to catching it.

I just look at it like if we spend the time and put the money in the bank for when we want it, we don't have to fight tooth and nail for it, when we need it.

BUT then there's just plain old fun factor.  Im UP for ANYTHING you guys wanna do.  I seem to really suck at the FPS part of this particular game, so I have been concentrating on transportation, making money for the gang and myself, and mapping us to places.  Shit like that.  I like that turtling is safe and I make a good bit of money at it.  But it's going to get old really quick, especially now that we have a couple of houses, vehicles and boats.  What would be awesome is if you could steal and KEEP shit.  Have like 10 Hemtts just ready to sell if necessary..?

DUDES I don't give a shit!  Here's all I have been wanting to do... buy a black SUV, get all fucked up and drive to Kavala, then roll up and down the streets of Kavala, smoking weed, listening to Snoop Dogg and yelling at all the asshats in town.  Then every once in awhile we jump out and cause a bunch of general mayhem.. then we either die, get arrested or both.  Get separated, go on little adventures to find each other .. then do it all over again.  That's it.  That's my Altis dream.

T

PLUS don't forget muthafuckkaz ALL I wanted to do when I first got here was METH. Even though that got drummed out of me pretty quick... that's all I have ever wanted to do in this stupid game. So I am all for the illegal shit. But if/when I lose everything I am can't just get all ragey... I knew what I was getting myself involved with. What about meth and heli's?  bounce bounce bounce bounce afro 

13 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 2:51 pm

im LOVIN this.

Altis has caused some CEREBRAL ACTIVITY in the 88th/GC consortium.

CHEERS!!!

T

14 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 3:00 pm

well I hear you guys. whatever i'm up for it. a truck with a 50 could have helped in both runs that we got fucked on. The big run where three Heli's landed and took b12's truck. A 50 could have ended all three heli's right there. problem solved. Last night that one pick up truck that killed 12 and myself a 50 would have wasted that truck all im saying. Ill buy the truck im almost there already.

want to chop trucks awesome im in. we only get 250k per truck. you guys got more doing turtles. My mind is on making money how much time it takes to make said money. One night we all need to get a gun get in my truck the cargo truck. the other two guys in the truck with a 50 cal on it lets go fill the whole thing with meth and shoot anyone who comes close to us.

two guys in the truck with the 50 can do all the RP and shoot everyone. this way the passenger of the truck can type while the other drives. One night I want to do this. COOL!

View user profile

15 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Don't forget .50s are immediatley impounded on sight by cops and the guy on the gun is very exposed if we get jumped and the guy in the back gets shot its over. But that being said let's do it.

View user profile

16 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 3:39 pm

I forgot about the po po! very true. Im game for anything. we need to be ruthless here.

View user profile

17 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Terribad wrote:Don't forget .50s are immediatley impounded on sight by cops and the guy on the gun is very exposed if we get jumped and the guy in the back gets shot its over. But that being said let's do it.

Can they impound anywhere or just in cities? Theyre gonna have a helluva time impounding anything outside of a town with a 50 cal on it!

Smile Would Joe be game for manning a mounted 50 cal?

18 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Anywhere. Ifrits and .50s sieze on sight.

View user profile

19 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Yeah man hey lj. I text whoever say this is your only earning you have 5 Seconds before we start shooting. Cops or bandits.

View user profile

20 Re: well then on Tue May 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Terribad wrote:Yeah man hey lj. I text whoever say this is your only earning you have 5 Seconds before we start shooting. Cops or bandits.

Fuck it. Terri, if you are shadowplaying it and he's on direct and they don't hear... fuck em. We'll have video to back us up. Im going to upgrade bigtime here shortly and will also be running SP all the fuckin time to protect us and our assets.

T

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum