88th Bomber Squadron

WW2OL Bomber Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

NE AF fight

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 NE AF fight on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Ok.   As you all know I LOVE to make super long posts.  But, im gonna make this short (for me).  

First, those guys were cheating, but they were still killable, im convinced of that.  We did the right thing by backing off.  But I'm still not happy with the result.  I wanted to go in after them, I COULD NOT figure out how.  I sat behind that wall and in that stupid tree and fumed for almost 20 min.  All I was doing was trying to come up with a way to get in the building and kill those mutherfuckers.

SO, I took this scenario to Will and asked him what he thought.  He said this:

You fucked up.  (I love that cuz he says that everytime, and I laugh at him and remind him we are just some gamers fucking around, then he looks me in the eye the way only a veteran/top combat sergeant can and says "It doesn't matter..")  His thought was that Steve should have moved TOWARDS the Admin Building once we knew they were in there.  Taken cover and started firing into the top floor of the jail.  

The idea being that Mark or Terri would have moved to my position with a pistol and BOTH of us would have stormed the building while Steve was creating a diversion i,e., laying down fire to distract them.  While they were moving to return fire or acquire his location we would have hit that front door.  Terri would have opened and moved back, I would have taken point and terri would have covered from behind.  This whole time, Pup is firing into the jail and trying to get them to fire back.  GoD calls out that he sees movement, then we GO.  It all happens within 30-60 seconds.  

Top said we have to communicate and synchronize what we are doing.  When we do that, we can take on anyone.

I want to run through this with our Sniper team.  

Tim

2 Re: NE AF fight on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:48 pm

You left the counter sniper out of the equation. There were already snipers communicating with the guys in the jail the situation outside. I do however agree that the element of not giving those guys enough time to set up needs to be implemented though so i agree with the 30-60 second time frame. Remember those guys ran right at dragon when he was hidden so they knew the situation outside already. Lets run some drills next time we have 6 on. we can do 3 on 3 with the .22s in some shitty gear and if you get shot you are assumed dead. the .22 won't kill in one hit even in the head. but if you get hit you have to hit z and lay on the ground. kind of like a really painful version of paintball. the medics can fix it so its no biggy if u bleed Smile

View user profile

3 Re: NE AF fight on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Terribad wrote:You left the counter sniper out of the equation.  There were already snipers communicating with the guys in the jail the situation outside.  I do however agree that the element of not giving those guys enough time to set up needs to be implemented though so i agree with the 30-60 second time frame. Remember those guys ran right at dragon when he was hidden so they knew the situation outside already.  Lets run some drills next time we have 6 on. we can do 3 on 3 with the .22s in some shitty gear and if you get shot you are assumed dead.  the .22 won't kill in one hit even in the head. but if you get hit you have to hit z and lay on the ground. kind of like a really painful version of paintball. the medics can fix it so its no biggy if u bleed Smile

One of the best ideas ive seen for training.  Would be a bit difficult seeing as how we'll need to gather all the training materials and hope we don't lose anything to reset, but im MORE than willing to do this.  Will said EVERYONE needs to know 3 different positions in the squad.  If one guy goes down, another can assume that position without seriously compromising the mission.  

As for the counter-sniper and communication between the snipers, that we will have to talk about at length.  I wasn't aware we had a counter-sniper.  What I knew was we had 3 snipers.  I didn't know where they were and it was really hard trying to figure out what was going on when you guys couldn't see, either.  Like someone said, we need to setup so that we can see all sides of the AF.  When a sniper confirms a runner, that sniper should assume control of the fire team and hand that control off when they lose vis and the next sniper acquires the target(s).

There were a lot of intangibles happening to us that we normally don't have to deal with.  The main one being them clipping walls, seemingly knowing our sniper positions and shooting at them without having to leave cover.  These twats were up to some really weird shit.  Staying in the jail indefinitely?  Clipping the walls so hard to see out of them, the guy actually FELL out of the fucking wall?  That's bullshit and only fueled my desire to kill them even more.

I love Will's idea though.  Get their attention somewhere and hit them from the opposite side.  I didn't think of this, but even if I had, a sniper would have had to move down towards the jail, setup and just start shooting like cray cray.  THAT means at some point they definitely would have taken fire.  Can anyone sit still under fire?  Even with cover?  That is a tough one to deal with, but that's what I would have been asking our team to do.

Tim

Last edited by bota12 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

4 Re: NE AF fight on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:44 pm

just need the small caliber guns really we can leave all of our gear in our own little piles out in one of the sheds by the jails and run around naked for all i care. the only must have is a small caliber gun. i have a feeling they will be somewhat easy to come across.

View user profile

5 Re: NE AF fight on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:48 pm

I love Will's idea though. Get there attention somewhere and hit them from the opposite side. I didn't think of this, but even if I had, a sniper would have had to move down towards the jail, setup and just start shooting like cray cray. THAT means at some point they definitely would have taken fire. Can anyone sit still under fire? Even with cover? That is a tough one to deal with, but that's what I would have been asking our team to do.

I have thought of that, just not last night. Jos does is a lot. As for the sniper coming down. no the sniper laying down a distraction you want some distance. he is harder to find. the other two would need to move down to support you.

if we want to be badass training is the key. we are training in this Alpha. Goal should be to be ready for the game release.

S! bota11

View user profile

6 Re: NE AF fight on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:20 pm

im still not quite sure why he wanted the sniper so close. I know he could tell distances... basically anyway, he did explain it to me but so much was going through my head, it made sense at the time but I can't remember the specifics.

But I loved the idea. It made sense, but only as a synchronized movement. Now I understand why that marine recon sergeant was saying it looked like a dance as his guys killed a bunch if Iraqis in Desert Storm. It basically would be. I think the idea would be

1. Call out position and tell the sniper I want to storm the building.
2. Confirm positions and determine where the next move will be to
3. In this case I would ask the sniper what position he would take, I would want the sniper to at least get partially behind a tree for cover because im almost counting on him to get shot at
4. Decide on a time limit. In this case it would probably take about 20 - 30 seconds for the sniper to move 40 to 50 meters to a closer spot. At the end of the sniper move, and his taking position, I want to be taking my first steps out of cover
5. The sniper acquires glass, metal, anything (maybe even the target) to hit and get their attention. I would love for 2 of u to do this.
6. Will's idea at this point also included Terry shouldering his mosin and pullin out a .45
7. While snipers are firing, me and terri hit the door as fast as we can.. he opens I take point and enter firing as soon as the door opens if need be
8. Terri follows me in and covers my back as I move into the building
9. Kill targets
10. It's time for a Bud.

30-60 seconds for ALL that to happen. To pull something like that off would truly be a proper seal team takedown.

Tim

7 Re: NE AF fight on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:30 am

ok.. Will reminded me why he wanted movement towards the atc from the snipers. For distraction. He wanted the sniper to move up, make noise. Even hitting a gully and taking a shot then moving about 10 feet down and taking another shot hoping to make it seem like multiple snipers at that position.

I showed him Terri's video of us at the sw af. He loved it. Though it was neat as hell.

LOL. I love that guy.

8 Re: NE AF fight on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:03 am

I understand that. The way i read the first post is like this.
two of our three snpiers move closer to you. I lay down a destraction fire so the three of you could storm the building.

how did you like the patch?

View user profile

9 Re: NE AF fight on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 am

bota11 wrote:I understand that. The way i read the first post is like this.
two of our three snpiers move closer to you. I lay down a destraction fire so the three of you could storm the building.

how did you like the patch?

As for the patch? I actually think I like it.  It's WAY more dangerous now to fuck around in towns/cities/bases.  (and that freakin cool ass silenced .22 is the shit, I love the red tracer rounds.. reminds me of an empire laser pistol) It seems like they don't want us hanging out in places that were once population centers.  Almost like they want us out in the boonies surviving and only going into those areas when absolutely necessary.

As for the assault.  I thought whichever sniper was closer would join me and assume an assault role.  The other two snipers would position themselves opposite of my approach.  In this case it would have been ne.  I was directly sw of the jail door.  When I was talking to Will today, he told me:

"the sniper would move up to get their attention.  Hopefully he has a gully or some other decent cover that he could actually shoot from THEN MOVE under cover 10 or 20 feet and shoot again.  Hopefully they would think it was 2 snipers.  Either way.. you are getting the attention off the front door.  You have about 1 minute to get something like this done, or your sniper will die."

So calling out my position and approach.  You picking your spot, even if you don't know if it will provide enough cover.  The whole point is you are providing just enough time for me to enter the building without them looking at me.  That means as you are htting the ground in your new spot, im leaving my cover and approaching the break in the fence where I can wheel right and make my sprint to the door.  Terri should be hitting the door about the same time as me... hopefully without being seen.  While you are firing, he opens, I enter, bad guys dead.  Sniper(s) and assault team alive and resecuring the perimeter.

Quite an idea.  One we should practice just for fun.

Tim

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum